Human growth hormone (HGH or Somatropin) was able to isolate in its pure form only in the 70s of the 20th century. This became possible after numerous attempts to obtain a high-quality extract from the pituitary body of corpses. The resulting drug was actively prescribed to children with growth disorders. Somatropin got into the sports community ten years later. Its popularity was based on the ability to significantly increase muscle mass. The drug was banned in 1989, but has not completely left the sport to this day due to the property not to be detected using doping control.
It goes without saying that the corpses were no longer used to obtain a valuable hormonal drug. Somatotropin was synthesized artificially in medical and sports practice.
How growth hormone affects a person
Normally, somatotropin is synthesized in the anterior pituitary gland. Thanks to it, the normal development of the human skeleton occurs. It has an anabolic effect on muscle cells. Once in the bloodstream, growth hormone stimulates the production of your own proteins. It has a catabolic effect on adipose tissue.
Somatropin enhances the effect of testosterone, their mutual effect affects the increase in glucose in the blood. The pancreas experiences increased stress due to increased production of insulin. To maintain normal balance between growth hormone and insulin, it is necessary to ensure the normal functioning of the pancreas. In order to avoid the development of diabetes mellitus, during the cycle of using Somatropin, additional administration of insulin into the body is necessary.
In general, the comprehensive action of growth hormone protects the body from destruction processes and activates regeneration mechanisms. Many medical studies have shown that the hormonal action of Somatropin rejuvenates a person for 10 to 20 years.
The effect of increasing muscle size is maintained for a long time due to the activation of muscle memory processes. This is the key difference between growth hormone and anabolic steroids.
Insufficient synthesis of growth hormone can cause the development of negative symptoms:
- muscle atrophy;
- dry skin, the appearance of acne;
- the development of obesity without changing the usual diet;
- fragility of bones, weakness of tendons, ligaments;
- profuse sweating;
- decreased sexual activity;
- changes in the emotional state – the appearance of anxiety, depressed mood;
- memory disorders, impaired attention;
- malfunctions of the cardiovascular system;
- high susceptibility of the skin to sunlight – photodermatosis;
- chronic fatigue syndrome.
Growth hormone levels are determined using laboratory blood tests. There are specific tests with glucagon, insulin, somatoliberin. MRI of skeleton bones, radiography make it possible to determine the activity of growth zones, bone density – indicators of Somatotropin activity.
Positive effects of somatropin
In an era when external beauty is of great importance, many world cinema stars use growth hormone cycles to rejuvenate the body. However, it is well known that the use of growth hormone ensures the achievement of overall high results:
- increased bone density;
- transformation of body fat into muscle cells;
- activation of the protective functions of the body;
- lowering the concentration of cholesterol in the bloodstream;
- increased intellectual activity;
- increased sexual desire;
- regeneration and rejuvenation of the skin;
- stimulation of the use of adipose tissue to provide the body with the necessary energy;
- reduction of the post-traumatic recovery period;
- ensuring mobility and healthy joints;
- restoration of cartilage tissue;
- reduces the healing process of tissues;
- returns the previous volume and functionality to organs atrophied due to age;
- contributes to the normalization of the lumen of blood vessels;
- interferes with thrombosis;
- strengthens the heart muscle;
- improves the condition of the urinary system;
- in women, the symptoms of cellulite disappear.
In the sports community, growth hormone has spread due to the possibility of obtaining the following important effects:
- strengthening the osteoarticular system, which is important when working with weight and performing strength exercises;
- burning fat deposition;
- optimization of metabolic processes.
Who will benefit from somatropin?
Among the medical indications, the following should be highlighted:
- treatment of dwarfism in children;
- therapy for Duchenne myodystrophic disease;
- treatment of chronic kidney disease;
- short bowel syndrome;
- prevention of the development of age-related pathologies;
- growth hormone deficiency on the background of pituitary tumors;
- muscular dystrophy in patients with HIV infection;
Growth hormone is prescribed for athletes to achieve the following goals:
- accelerated recovery from injuries;
- increase indicators of physical strength;
- to increase muscle mass;
- passing a cycle of chemotherapy;
- anorexia nervosa;
- to activate the breakdown of body fat.
Prohibitions for the use of growth hormone
The appropriateness of taking Somatropin can only be determined by a doctor with sufficient experience in working with hormonal drugs. During the consultation, indications are determined and contraindications to the appointment of growth hormone are identified. Somatotropin should not be used in the following cases:
- age under 20 years;
- intolerance or hypersensitivity to the active substance;
- multiple injuries of various parts of the body;
- thyroid disease;
Separately, it should be said about the impossibility of taking growth hormone in the presence of cancer. It will significantly provoke the growth of altered malignant cells, which will lead to an aggravation of the patient’s condition. Even in the absence of an established diagnosis or obvious symptoms of the disease, it is necessary to take blood tests for tumor markers in order to accurately exclude such pathologies.
Negative side effects that can be encountered on the cycle of growth hormone
Hormones of any group are recognized as quite serious drugs that can have a negative effect on the human body. Exceeding the recommended doses of Somatropin can cause a number of serious, sometimes irreversible, side effects:
- weight gain of internal organs;
- pathological bone growth of the limbs, face – is most often found in women;
- increased sensitivity to insulin;
- severe swelling, especially the face;
- severe myalgia;
- tightness of joints, their deformation;
- intracranial hypertension;
- densification of the tissues of the larynx associated with this hoarseness;
- deforming changes in the spine;
- change in the shape of the chest to a more convex;
- hypertrophy of the heart muscle;
- infertility in men and women;
- tunnel syndrome.
Best Somatropin cycles
Certain rules for the introduction of growth hormone for sports purposes are not created. This is due to the fact that the study of the properties of the active substance is still ongoing. To increase sports performance, it is impossible to use a scheme developed taking into account all the analyzes and observations.
Current knowledge allows the use of growth hormone for medical purposes. For use in sports, it is important to consider the experience gained by previous generations of bodybuilders and weightlifters. Modern sports doctors recommend that you adhere to proven dosages in order to prevent the development of side effects.
Beginner Solo cycle
Duration of admission is 8 weeks.
- 1 week – Somatropin at 5 units per day, divided into two doses;
- 2 week – Somatropin 5 units twice a day.
When dosing is divided into two doses, the first injection is done in the morning, before the morning meal – the time of the lowest concentration of sugar in the blood. The second injection is best done during sports training or immediately after it. If training is not provided on the day of admission, an injection is made 30 minutes before lunch.
Solo cycle for cutting
Duration of admission is from 2 to 6 months:
- 1 week – Somatropin is administered at 5 units per day at a time.
- From 2 weeks – Somatropin is administered twice a day for 5 units.
- With a cycle duration of more than 2 months, Diabeton is additionally taken, more than 4 months – for the safety of the thyroid gland, add 25 μg Thyroxin.
Insulin combo cycle
- Duration of admission is from 8 to 12 weeks:
- Somatropin – 5 units twice a day;
- Testosterone enanthate – 500 mg per week;
- Oxandrolone – 40 mg per day;
- Insulin – 5 units twice a day, one hour after the injection of Somatropin.
When drawing up a cycle to increase muscle mass, you can add one of anabolic steroids to the Solo cycle:
- Sustanon 250 – 250 to 500 mg per week;
- Boldenone – 400 mg per week.
In this case, the dosage of Somatropin is 12 units per day. The duration of the cycle on the mass, as a rule, does not exceed 8 weeks.
Female Growth Hormone
Somatropin can be used by women to obtain more bumpy, lean muscle mass. It is important to comply with the recommended dosage, which is usually lower than the male 1.3 to 1.5 times.
Typically, athletes are prescribed growth hormone in the amount of 4-8 units per day, divided into two doses. The duration of the cycle should not be more than 3-4 months.
As a result of the cycle, fat is burned in the abdomen, buttocks, legs. Hips are reduced in size. The appearance of the skin noticeably improves, expression wrinkles are smoothed out. The whole body gains elasticity.
If you comply with any of the above cycles for the best result, you must ensure:
- A full night’s sleep, from 8 to 10 hours.
- An individual training program to ensure optimal physical activity.
- An introduction to the diet of protein sports nutrition.
- Additional purpose of arginine, glutamine, creatine.
- Mandatory use of vitamins C, E.
Features of the introduction of somatropin
Injections are best performed in the first half or midday. For the hormone to work properly, it is better to put an injection before meals. This is because the sugar level is quite low, which is a more physiological state for the body. The best time is morning, before breakfast. Growth hormone is very interconnected with food. Therefore, the best time is one hour before a meal or two hours after.
If insulin is present in the selected cycle, it is important to follow the sequence. The first injection is made of Somatropin, after 20 minutes – insulin is injected into the same place. If the goal of the cycle is to gain muscle mass or to cut, growth hormone should not be put at bedtime. At night, a physiological release of physiological hormones occurs and low sugar levels remain.
The best place for the introduction of growth hormone is the stomach. Injections are performed subcutaneously. Experienced athletes prefer intramuscular injection. For injection, the deltoid muscles, triceps are suitable.
Each user feels the effect of Somatropin in his own way, but in any case, you will understand that the hormone works. There are sensations of “rubber hands”, different parts of the body swell, this is especially noticeable on the face. In case of dosage violation, the person swims, hands become like strangers. A significant increase in physical strength allows you to increase working weight during training. The pain of old injuries and injuries is no longer felt. The manifested dryness of the body indicates the burning of body fat.
Nutrition recommendations during the cycle of Somatropin
Taking growth hormone will not give maximum results without following a certain diet. The right diet is the main secret to achieve the desired result. The amount of calories consumed affects the speed and quality of muscle mass gain. Their excess does not allow reaching relief. A large amount of animal fats helps to increase fat, not muscle.
If the athlete has chosen a cycle of growth hormone for weight gain, certain rules should be followed:
- take food at least 5 times a day;
- consume foods that are high in calories;
- dishes should contain a minimum amount of fat, fast carbohydrates;
- eat an hour before training or after class;
- observe the proportion of proteins, fats, carbohydrates.
When choosing a cycle for cutting, nutrition rules change a little:
- calorie level decreases;
- eliminate fast carbohydrates and fats;
- consume at least 250 g of protein per day.
Instead of conclusions
Somatotropin is a necessary hormone for the harmonious development and compliance with the proportions of the human body. These qualities are ideal for athletes to achieve high aesthetic and physical performance. Before the start of the cycle, the athlete determines the main parameters on which the program package will depend, the need for additional administration of anabolics, thyroxine, insulin:
- general state of health – at this stage the presence of any contraindications is excluded, at a mandatory consultation with a doctor, the feasibility of laboratory diagnostics is determined;
- determination of the level of physical fitness, strength indicators and sports training – to establish the desired goal of taking growth hormone, the way to achieve the optimal result.
The price of a full cycle of growth hormone will cost a pretty penny, since the time of admission will be from 3 to 4 months.
As titled bodybuilder Ali Amini said: “Somotropin is the most popular drug among bodybuilders around the world. We appreciate it for the ability of burning fat, helping to build muscle, strengthen the ligamentous and articular apparatus. Observe the dosage and get the result you dream of.”