Among the variety of existing anabolic steroids, testosterone is almost crowded out, and in vain – it is it that laid foundation to them. Nevertheless, bodybuilders and weightlifters remain loyal to testosterone. This appreciation is due to the fact that testosterone propionate is suitable for almost all athletes, has an impressive effect on beginners and fits perfectly into combination cycles. Together with other anabolics, it allows you to achieve the necessary cutting and first-class muscle mass.
Testosterone – the story of the appearance
The relationship between the appearance of a man and the presence of his beard with the presence of special substances in his blood was established in the distant 1378 by Chinese doctors. Since 1596, in the same place, in China, men were injected with medicines prepared from the tissues of ram, boar and dog testicles. Thus, the healers tried to defeat infertility, impotence, hypoganadoism. Admittedly, in some cases this approach proves to be very successful.
In Europe, a breakthrough in the study of male hormones was made in the 18th century after studying the condition of men who underwent castration. One of the doctors, Theophilus Brody, concluded that some special substance is being produced in the testicles that makes man a man.
Subsequently, a lot of experiments were conducted with the preparation of extracts from the testes of animals, transplantation of testicles of different animals to each other. The establishment of the principles of work of the endocrine glands confirmed that the sexual and physical weakness of older men is associated with a decrease in testicular function.
The works and research of scientists have been successful after more than 200 years. In 1935, estradiol, androsterone and testosterone were isolated. Substances were combined into a group of steroids. In 1937, testosterone propionate was synthesized from cholesterol and put into production. From this period the era of anabolics began. Testosterone remains popular in the 21st century due to the cutting effect, an increase in strength indicators.
What is the effect of propiontate on the body?
When introduced into the body, testosterone exhibits androgenic and anabolic effects. In other words, it regulates the functions of the male sex glands and stimulates the production of its own protein. The presence of a sufficient amount of testosterone ensures the normal development and functioning of the external genital organs of men, seminal vesicles, and the prostate gland. With his participation, secondary sexual characteristics are formed. Propionate stimulates sperm production, is responsible for male sexual behavior, takes part in sculpting the constitutional features of the body.
Being an antagonist of female sex hormones, testosterone significantly inhibits the synthesis of follicle-stimulating and luteotropic hormones. This feature explains the anti-carcinogenic effect in the treatment of malignant breast tumors in women.
The anabolic effect exerted by testosterone is expressed in a decrease in body fat, retention of trace elements in the body. Protein synthesis provides the body with building material for new cells. Under the influence of propionate, increased muscle growth occurs, and skeleton bones are strengthened due to calcium retention.
The combination of taking testosterone with the use of a sufficient amount of protein nutrition leads to an activation of the erythropoiesis mechanism, which improves the quality of the blood. The activity of other endocrine glands, which provide the body with hormones for normal functioning, depends on the activity of testosterone.
After the injection, testosterone is absorbed rather slowly into the surrounding tissue. Gradually, it penetrates the bloodstream and spreads to the internal organs. Here propionate goes through the recovery phase to the level of 5-α-dihydrotestosterone, which, in turn, passes through the cell membrane and enters directly into the cell nucleus.
The breakdown of testosterone propionate is carried out by the liver, excretion from the body occurs through the kidneys. Approximately 6% of the active substance in unchanged form is excreted with the contents of the intestine.
The difference between propionate and other anabolic steroids
Compared to other anabolics, testosterone propionate is able to normalize androgen receptors. This fact significantly increases the androgenic effect of the drug.
Even with frequent use, testosterone slightly retains fluid in the body. This eliminates the effect of a significant rollback and some side symptoms. For a set of pronounced fat-burning action, muscles quickly gain relief.
Anabolic action begins shortly after the injection. It is important to note an increase in appetite and stabilization of the central nervous system. Almost immediately, you can notice an increase in physical strength, a decrease in the recovery period between sports training, and an increase in energy tone.
A marked increase in strength indicators is especially valuable for athletes competing in power types – weightlifting, powerlifting. Sufficiently experienced bodybuilders often use testosterone locally, injecting it into specific muscles. This is a rather dangerous practice, but with some knowledge it gives a good result.
Not everyone likes the fact that the active effect of testosterone propionate on the body lasts only 1-2 days. Some athletes are wary of making frequent injections. There is only one answer to this – testosterone disciplines and requires a competent approach when choosing the right cycle.
Steroid activity of testosterone propionate
• pharmacological group – steroid of anabolic androgenic origin;
• drug activity – up to 3 days;
• form of application – aqueous solution for injection;
• recommended dosage – men from 200 to 400 mg per week, the drug is not recommended for women, dosage from 25 to 100 mg per week is acceptable;
• development of acne – yes;
• water retention is negligible;
• increase in blood pressure – slight;
• hepatotoxicity – absent;
• estrogenic activity (aromatase) – quite pronounced;
• dehydrotestosterone conversion (DHT) – expressed;
• production of own testosterone, decrease in HPTA action – inhibits;
• anabolic intensification – 100%;
• androgenic intensification – 100%;
• detection period – up to two months.
The timing of detection of testosterone is largely associated with the use of diuretics and phenobarbital-based drugs. The athlete can resort to these measures for the speedy removal of the active substance from the body.
Effects of using testosterone
Following regular cycles of propionate in the body, the following changes occur:
• The volume of high-quality, lean muscle mass increases;
• recruited muscle is maintained by suppressing catabolic processes;
• muscles acquire a pronounced relief;
• a clear venous pattern appears;
• there is an increase in fat burning;
• increased indicators of protein in the muscles;
• body tissues are saturated with oxygen;
• immunity is strengthened, all protective functions are activated;
• significantly improves the physical and emotional state of the athlete;
• reduces the risk of pathological changes in the heart and blood vessels;
• significantly increases the amount of free testosterone in the blood;
• there is an increase in sexual desire;
• there is a persistent result with minimal rollback syndrome after the end of the cycle.
Who can use testosterone?
Testosterone is used for medical purposes if there are certain indications:
• hormone replacement therapy for hypoganadoism, both primary and secondary origin;
• impotence on the background of endocrine disorders;
• condition after castration;
• male menopause and related neurological disorders;
• osteoporosis caused by androgen deficiency.
For women, propionate is recommended for the treatment of certain diseases:
• severe symptoms of menopause;
• uterine fibroids;
• in the treatment of hormone-dependent tumors of the mammary glands and ovaries;
• pathological uterine bleeding caused by an excess of estrogen.
Who should not inject testosterone?
Before starting a solo and combined testosterone propionate cycle, you should consult a specialist with experience in working with anabolic steroids. It is mandatory to conduct a comprehensive diagnosis in order to eliminate contraindications to the appointment of testosterone:
• prostatic hyperplasia;
• functional disorder of urination;
• established or suspected cancer of the prostate gland, breast cancer in men;
• development of mammary glands according to the female type;
• swelling of unknown origin;
• serious disorders of the cardiovascular system;
• condition after myocardial infarction;
• severe asthenisation;
• age over 60 years;
• chronic, acute diseases of the liver, kidneys;
• diabetes mellitus, especially in the stage of decompensation;
• individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to an active anabolic steroid;
• period of gestation, lactation.
The risk of a side effect from propionate injections
It must be said right away that testosterone propionate is less likely to develop side effects in contrast to other testosterone esters – enanthate or cypionate. Unpleasant symptoms usually occur when the recommended dosage is significantly exceeded. They can be expressed as:
• disorders of the gastrointestinal tract;
• profuse acne eruptions;
• excessive increase in blood pressure;
• liver disorders – jaundice, an increase in the boundaries of the liver, cholestasis;
• pronounced fluid retention;
• aggressive behavior, anxiety;
• hypertrophy of the prostate;
• reduction in the size of the testicles;
In women, specific side effects may appear:
• menstrual irregularities, up to the cessation of menstruation;
• pronounced male hair growth;
• coarsening of the voice.
In case of adolescent boys, excessively high doses of testosterone propionate cause early puberty, the cessation of linear growth, due to the closure of the pineal gland sections of the skeleton.
Best Bodybuilder Testosterone cycles
cycle No. 1 – for beginners
Duration of administration – 4 – 6 weeks:
Testosterone propionate 50 mg every other day.
A simple program that can significantly increase muscle gain in combination with special nutrition.
Cycle No. 2 – for those who have already passed the propionate
Duration of administration – 6 weeks:
Testosterone propionate – 100 mg 3 times a week, for example, Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.
Cycle No. 3 – to increase physical strength.
Duration of admission – 8 weeks.
Testosterone propionate according to the scheme:
1 week – 50 mg twice a week;
2-3 weeks – 100 mg twice a week;
4 weeks – 100 mg three times a week;
5-6 weeks – 100 mg twice a week;
Week 7 – 100 mg three times a week;
8 week – 50 mg twice a week.
Cycle No. 4 – combo with deca-durabolin
Duration of administration – 6 weeks:
1 week – 100 mg of testosterone propionate, 200 mg of durabolin;
2 week – 150 mg of testosterone propionate, 400 mg of durabolin;
3 week – 200 mg of testosterone propionate, 400 mg of durabolin;
4 weeks – 200 mg of testosterone propionate, 400 mg of durabolin;
5 week – 150 mg of testosterone propionate, 300 mg of durabolin;
Week 6 – 100 mg of testosterone propionate, 200 mg of durabolin.
The combination of drugs facilitates the synthesis of proteins and helps to exert an enhanced effect on muscle tissue, which provides a quick set of quality mass.
Cycle No. 5 – as preparation for the competition
Duration of admission – 10 weeks:
1 week – 100 mg of testosterone propionate, 10 mg of Winstrol;
2 week – 150 mg of testosterone propionate, 20 mg of Winstrol;
3 week – 200 mg of testosterone propionate, 30 mg of Winstrol;
Week 4 – 200 mg of testosterone propionate, 30 mg of Winstrol;
5 week – 200 mg of testosterone propionate, 35 mg of Winstrol;
Week 6 – 200 mg of testosterone propionate, 35 mg of Winstrol;
Week 7 – 150 mg of testosterone propionate, 35 mg of Winstrol, 200 mg of Masteron;
8 week – 150 mg of testosterone propionate, 35 mg of Winstrol, 300 mg of masteron;
Week 9 – 100 mg of testosterone propionate, 25 mg of Winstrol, 400 mg of Masteron;
Week 10 – 100 mg of testosterone propionate, 15 mg of Winstrol, 200 mg of Masteron.
In this program, testosterone acts as an energetic tonic, venistrol helps maintain muscle size, and masteron provides the necessary muscle stiffness. This cycle is especially appreciated by powerlifters for their high efficiency and great results.
Cycle No. 6 – for women.
Duration of administration: 6-8 weeks:
Given the characteristics of the female body, it is permissible to inject 50 mg of testosterone propionate once every 5-7 days.
Features of post-cycle therapy
Post- cycle therapy is aimed at consolidating the achieved result. Using additional medications can minimize the rollback effect and reduce the likelihood of side effects. It is advisable to start taking special medications two weeks after the last injection of testosterone. The list of additional drugs includes:
• tamoxifen – to suppress negative tumor properties;
• tribulus – to provide a stimulating effect and improve sexual functions;
• hepatoprotectors – to reduce toxic effects on the liver;
• drugs with omega-3 fatty acids;
• vitamin complexes.
Instead of the conclusions of Testosterone, propionate gained widespread popularity deservedly. Professional athletes appreciate it for its high efficiency and the ability to maintain the effect. Most reviews suggest that following the recommended dosage improves the overall physical and psycho-emotional state of the user.