Everyone dreams of a slim and fit body, but often not many have the time and money to visit the gyms. However, there is a way out – push-ups.
The benefits of push ups from the floor (push exercises)
This exercise belongs to the basic – when several muscle groups are exposed to activation:
- shoulder girdle ;
- arms ( biceps and triceps );
- abdominal muscles .
In the process of push-ups, it is possible to shift the emphasis to those muscle groups that you want to engage (triceps, shoulders, chest – read more about this) – to emphasize the load, you need to redistribute the load.
A feature of push-ups is that the activation of muscles occurs immediately after taking the starting position. Regular push-ups help strengthen strength and increase stamina. It should be noted some more advantages of push-ups:
- the respiratory and circulatory systems are strengthened;
- metabolic processes improve;
- the body’s immune forces increase.
Thanks to regular training, even at home , muscle tone is significantly increased and muscle mass is increased. Not every exercise can boast of such results. The undoubted advantage of push-ups is:
- the possibility of their implementation in childhood
- no special tools required
Where to start push-up workouts
Despite the apparent simplicity of the push-up technique, it is still worth considering a number of nuances:
- Train in moderation. Avoid overload especially in the first classes. In this case, it is quality that matters.
- Do not rush to quickly get the result. Workouts with push-ups should gradually become more complicated, preparation for the next level of exercise can last several weeks. As soon as the muscles are strong enough and the required number of push-ups will be obtained easily, then you can increase the load.
- Observe breathing techniques. This plays an important role. Improper breathing techniques can disrupt the entire training process.
In order for the result from push-ups to be as effective as possible, you must adhere to the following recommendations:
- the number of repetitions in the first lesson is not more than 10. As already mentioned, it is important to increase the pace in a gradual mode. At the end of the workout, pleasant fatigue should be felt, without a feeling of overstrain;
- before push-ups, we strongly recommend performing a short warm-up lasting about 10 minutes;
- classes should be regular. Do not allow long breaks, as all the result will go down the drain.
How much do you need to push up
The question of how many push-ups should be sought, we answer – it is enough for women to push-ups 40 times, and men – 100. It is quite realistic to get these results in one and a half to two months of regular workouts at home for 15 minutes.
Carefully follow the push-up technique, the most important is the good amplitude. So the result will come faster.
Types of push-ups
You can do push-ups in different ways, to shift the emphasis on some target muscle, you need to change the fulcrum. They say that there are about 50 options for doing push-ups! Here are the most popular ones:
The execution technique is familiar to everyone and consists in the following:
- starting position – lying with emphasis on socks and palms;
- hands are set shoulder-width apart, palms pointing forward.
With this type of push-ups, triceps, pectoral and deltoid muscles are trained.
When doing push-ups, it is important to monitor the body – it must be level.
Any bending of the body makes it easier to perform push-ups, but the effect of the exercise is sharply reduced.
As already mentioned, this push-up technique allows you to work out triceps, chest and deltas.
2. From the knees
They are a lightweight push-up option suitable for beginners, girls and people with vertebral diseases. This type of push-ups helps to relieve the load from the lumbar
The initial posture is similar to the classic version, but the emphasis is on the knees. In this case, the feet are in a crossed position and are located above the floor.
3. Wide grip
In this case, the hands are placed at a distance two times the width of the shoulders. In this case, the elbows are also parted to the sides. Socks come down a little narrower than shoulder width. In the process of lowering to the floor, it is important to monitor the preservation of the direction of the elbow joints to the sides. After touching the floor with the breast, it quickly rises to its original position.
The wider the arms are, the greater the load on the pectoral muscles.
4. Narrow grip
Refers to complex types of push-ups, which helps to strengthen the triceps zone and deltoid muscles. In this case, the emphasis is placed solely on the palm of the hand with fingers slightly extended towards each other. The location of the lower extremities is slightly wider than the shoulder girdle.
In the process of push-ups, the elbows are laid back and slightly to the sides.
5. On one arm
This type of push-ups requires high stability. This can be achieved by legs spaced a wide distance from each other.
Further it is necessary:
- leave your right hand on the floor, and your left hand – in a slightly bent position, put behind your back;
- use special stops to help achieve maximum convenience;
- position the right hand in a single-line case. At the same time, it can not be categorically shifted to the sides.
It is important to consider that, unlike other types of push-ups, there are only three points of support in this, due to which the preservation of balance is achieved by widely spread legs.
During lowering, the elbow simultaneously bends and moves to the side. The chest should touch the floor, after which it takes up its original position. Throughout the training process, the shoulders are parallel to the floor. At the end of the first stage of push-ups, a change of hands is performed.
Well-developed muscles of the abdominal muscles will help push-ups of this type.
6. With cotton
This type of training effectively and in a short time strengthens the muscles, while contributing to the development of speed and power indicators. In order to make cotton, the starting position must be correct: socks should be located at shoulder width. And the arms should be placed twice as wide as the legs.
The training process is as follows:
- by means of a powerful push, the body is pushed up. In this case, the palms come off the floor and make quick cotton;
- return to the starting position is done gently;
- categorically should not flop on the floor;
- after touching the floor, all actions are repeated again.
Hand movements should be characterized by rhythm, coherence and speed. This type of push-ups are part of the training boxers. They are also useful for athletes, as they increase endurance, as well as for fighters involved in various types of martial arts.
7. On the fingers
Push-ups with emphasis on the fingers helps to strengthen bone tissue and increase the stability of the hands. The main thing is to observe the emphasis exclusively on the fingers.
Doing this exercise is necessary with the development of good physical fitness and with sufficient finger strength so that they can hold the body as securely as possible. To strengthen the bones of the fingers, it is recommended to train with an expander.
8. With weights
This type of push-up is suitable for weightlifters or those who seek to build mass. It is important to use specially designed weighting agents that can increase the load, due to which there is a maximum and high-quality study of muscle tissue.
As weighting materials, special vests equipped with weights are most often used. Such an inventory is also suitable for lovers of pull-ups on the bar and push-ups on the uneven bars.
In the absence of a vest, an ordinary pancake from the bar will do. However, it must be used carefully and preferably in the presence of a person who must monitor the correct location of the pancake on the back. The process itself must also be performed with caution.
Read also: HIIT workout
It is recommended to start such push-ups with a small weight, which must be increased gradually. One kg should be added during the week.
9. Deep push ups
High efficiency is achieved by increasing the amplitude of motion. You can use the fulcrum in the form of three chairs at home. Replace chairs with special stands up to 15 cm high.
Items that you want to use as a support should be reliable so that you do not fall to the floor during push-ups). For this, special push-up handles are great. Well, at home, the role of the stand is excellent for books.
Recommendations for incline and decline push ups
So, the technique and types of push-ups are considered. Now is the time to learn about the important tips that should be followed in the process of their implementation:
- Carefully study the simple technique of doing push-ups. When placing hands on a flat surface, there should be no discomfort in the elbow and wrist joints.
- Increase joint flexibility. Immediately before push-ups, it is important to warm up quite carefully .
- To avoid injuries and stretch marks, it is useful to wear bandages or special wristbands on your wrists. Such protection becomes particularly relevant when performing complex push-ups with cotton.
- Sometimes achieving maximum amplitude is not always possible. Usually girls with a big bust suffer from this. Increase amplitude with supports.
- The difficulty of push-ups is directly proportional to the position of the legs. The higher their location, the more difficult. Athletes with many years of experience perform push-ups only in this way.
- It is important to remember to follow a proper diet . For the full formation of muscles requires the use of a sufficient amount of meat and vegetable products.
Push-ups are quite effective and at the same time least time-consuming and financially training, which allows you to maintain a shape in shape.
The usefulness of such exercises is evidenced by their ancient history. The first mention of push-ups occurred several thousand years ago. As you can see, they remain very relevant today, since push-ups are often included in training programs .